Opening Times - Monday to Friday: 8am to 7pm - Saturdays: 8:30am to 4pm
At Sunninghill Veterinary Centre we offer free annual health checks for dogs, cats and rabbits with annual booster vaccinations or as part of our Gold Star Pets.
We have many older patients who have been with us for years and we believe this is partly due to routine health checks and early diagnosis and treatment of minor health issues.
During our examination we look to highlight anything from actual or imminent health problems – in many cases we can offer advice such as simple changes in diet, to exercise or dental care etc to help your pet avoid medical treatment. If there is any cause for concern we can offer investigations such as blood tests and x-rays.
During the health check please raise any questions or concerns you may have such
What to expect from a health check for your pet
A health check with Sunninghill Veterinary Centre is a nose to tail check. We look at physical appearance including:
- Eyes – we are looking for clear, bright eyes, no sign of infection, start of cataracts etc
- Ears – looking for clean ears, no obvious signs of excessive wax, growths or similar
- Mouth/Teeth – looking for pink healthy gums, healthy breath, assessing levels of plague and general health of teeth
- Heart Rate – checking for normal heart rate or any abnormalities
- Abdomen – we check for any abdominal lumps or bumps
- Weight – looking for and discussing any signs of weight loss or weight gain
- Coat – checking for a clean, healthy coat or signs of flaky/dry skin, sores etc
Please don’t turn to the internet for self-diagnosis. Often a quick chat with us can alleviate any concerns.